I. Listening Comprehension
Section A （10 分）
Directions: In Section A, you will hear ten short conversations between two speakers. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. The conversations and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a conversation and the question about it, read the four possible answers on your paper, and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.
1. A. Only the man. B. Only the woman.
C. Both the man and the woman. D. Neither the man nor the woman.
2. A. The same price. B. Different prices.
C. The same color. D. The same size.
3. A. Christina has gone home. B. Christina feels at home there.
C. She's known Christina a long time. D. She just met Christina.
4. A. 20. B.25. C. 18. D. 36.
5. A. It's snowy. B. It's cloudy. C. It's hot. D. It's fine.
6. A. The cinema. B. The art center. C. The dinning hall. D. The theatre.
7. A. It wasn't open on Sundays. B. Its opening had been postponed.
C. It was going to close before Sunday. D. It didn't deserve the praise it received.
8. A. The gallery is a good place for the exhibition.
B. Preparing for the exhibition won't be easy.
C. The man isn't telling the truth about the offer.
D. The man is making a bad decision.
9. A. Spending more time on sightseeing. B. Visiting the city with a group.
C. Touring the city on a fine day. D. Taking the man with her on the tour.
10. A. The air will be cleaner if they go to another city.
B. It'll soon be too late to control the pollution.
C. Society will not pay attention to the new laws.
D. The situation will improve if changes are made.
Section B （15 分）
Directions: In Section B, you will hear two short passages and one longer conversation, and you will be asked several questions on each of them. The passages and the conversation will be read twice, but the questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, read the four possible answers on your paper and decide which one is the best answer to the question you have heard.